Love bite is a bruise. Sometimes, hickey can get you in trouble. You can follow these steps to solve the issue:
- Cool the area : Apply an ice pack or cold spoon the area to minimize the pain and the swelling for about 20 minutes . If pain is excessive , take drug paracetamol.
- Heat it : use a heat pad or apply some cloth soaked in warm water on the area in order to increase the blood flow
- Hide it : When you have a hickey on your neck, people tend to know how it got there. You can always hide it. Options include:
- Makeup. Choose your makeup tone based on the color of the hickey. A yellow tone will conceal purple bruises, while a green tone hides redness.
- Bandage. Choose one large enough to cover the hickey.
- Turtleneck. This works in cooler weather.
- Scarf. This may be the most versatile option.
- Collared shirt.
4. Rest it : At last , give the area some rest. Don’t allow you partner to play with the same area until it is completely healed.
How to Avoid a Hickey
Good communication is the most effective way to prevent a hickey.
- If your partner spends too much time on one area, suggest another spot.
- Ask your partner to be more gentle.
Risk associated with Hickey
A hickey shouldn’t cause any real problems, but see a doctor if:
- The hickey doesn’t go away after a couple of weeks.
- The bruise is very sore.
- You notice other bruises on your body
- There’s a lump over the bruise.
These symptoms could be a sign of a medical condition, like a blood disease or clotting disorder.
Sachet Subedi is 2nd year medical student from Institute Of Medicine, Maharajgunj . He writes on health, diet, wellness and science. He likes cricket and loves to study books and research paper on productivity, diet , health and wellness.